Hanji Crew

Hanji Crew
About the Crew

Monday, October 18, 2010

Maedup

The Korean Cultural Association sponsored a Maedup (Korean knotting) class a couple weeks ago. It was fantastic! Kat and I had tried a class when we were in Korea the last time, but we didn't speak Korean, and the teacher didn't speak English, and while we had a good time, I can't say we learned too much!


But with a good (I'd say great!) teacher, we were able to make our first Maedup knot to create a cord for a necklace.


I decided to add a bail to mine so I could make a glass pendant to match.




I cut a simple design -- this one means good fortune, and made a glass domed pendant.















Here's the finished product. I like it!

We've got a pendant class on Sunday, October 24. Come and make your own pendant, and we may even have a few lovely cords to go with it.

1 comment:

  1. Very Nice! Maedup is such a fantastic art! I discovered it a couple of years ago and have based my whole new life on it! I am a work at home mom making and selling maedup jewelry now after being PA! Big change huh? I can really say that maedup has been a lucky thing for me!
    Have fun applying it to your paper crafts :)
    Veronique McKay of Maedup & CO.

    ReplyDelete